Wednesday 21 December 2011

Returning back to writing

So yes I have been terrible lately. I think ongoing writers block and just down right being knackered all the time has combined in my poor blog just sitting here. Well I just broke up from work for xmas so I have no excuse now. Also Jacs at work has encouraged me to think about starting to write properly. I did look for a creative writing course but no joy. Kirklees used to do one but not anymore.

There are some online courses but your talking £150. So instead I have treated myself to a couple of half price books on amazon. The "home study" creative writing course lol and the plan is I am going to work through the exercises in there and Jac read them for me as shes done an english degree. We are also talking about writing a novel together. It may just be one of our, we can do this to get rich and finally go to NYC and see Michael Buble plans or it could be something.

The ideas we came up with so far have merit. I won't ruin ought by telling all on here as it could just be a blip. However you will surprised to see whats coming out so far is a gangster story not as most people would guess from me a science fiction one.

Piano has been bad too. Its like all I have had the energy for lately is work. And yes thats paid off. I have just had my PDR and everything was good and positive but I need to work on me now. Get some weight off - I have been bordom eating which I need to nix, I need to practice piano as I was getting somewhere then I stopped and you start to forget and I need to be creative. So there are my new years resolutions right there.

Oh right I forgot, finish the kitchen. I started stripping the walls and haven't done any more. So thats another goal, as my sister has bought me new paint for xmas and my dads got me 3 shelves. Which I can't put up until I paint it . . .  God I hate DIY but it will look better once its done.

My gorgeous niece is now 6 weeks old and I am getting braver at holding her. I changed my first nappy last week. Ellie is starting to fill out and get bigger now. Its so amazing to see it. I mean shes starting to see further and see colours. I am really looking forward to spending her first christmas with her. Although it will be strange without mum and dad. They are visiting my aunt in oz this year. We haven't heard anything, so I hope they got to HK safely.

Anyway I promise more posts now.

Peace out and holidays love

Debs x


No comments:

Post a Comment