Sunday 1 January 2012

Year of the Deb!

Well according to my brother this year is the year of the G. But thats for him. This year for me is the year of the Deb. In that I am going to succeed this year and enjoy it. When we get to this time next year Im not going to be moaning about how 2012 turned out (well unless some mad crazy event does happen on Dec 21st!!!!!!!!!!!!).

I suppose I could moan about last year now. It had some pretty horrible moments and Im also a big snot monster at the moment and feeling poo . . . . . .  but instead Ive decided to be positive and focus on the good stuff.

The main thing being the birth of my gorgeous niece. That is the best thing that happened to me in 2011. Shes just so amazing and changed so much in 9 weeks.

Following that was getting some self respect and making the decision in April not to go out of my way with people who really cannot be bothered with me. Not that any of those folks have noticed or seem to care but thats their problem not mine. You should appreciate what you have in front of you when you have it!

I feel millions better about myself and now I am no longer being used. Im still working on the forgiveness part for the person who did use me and Im confident it will come.

I also got a promotion at work, recognition for all my hard work over the years.

I met a couple of new friends. Both are really interesting people. Ones a musician with a bearded dragon. The others got an interesting outlook on life and magical hair!

So new years resolutions for 2012:

1-Lose weight. I need to get my fat ass back to slimming world and drop a few sizes and get fitter.
2-Continue trying to teach myself piano.
3-Try to Meditate every day - I need to get back into spirituality
4-Save some money for either a new computer or a holiday or if I am incredibly lucky - Both!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment