Thursday 19 April 2012

Battleship

So I am just freshly back from the cinema having seen Battleship. I was a bit dubious, firstly it was Rhianna's acting debut and secondly I had horrible visions of it being a little starship troopers like. However I was swayed to view it on account of Alexander Skarsguard having a part.

It was kind of like transformers meets independence day meets top gun. I enjoyed it. Rhianna actually didn't suck. She held her own. The main guy was pretty hot. Alexander in miltary uniform was more hot. I mean hubba hubba hubba. But they killed him off early in!!!!!!!! If I may quote my friend Jac - "Dam it all to hell!"

All in all some pretty snazzy action sequences, some pretty unrealistic aliens yet a highly decent soundtrack - loved the montage of getting the old battleship working again set to ACDC.

Droolable men I would give it a 7.5. Losses points for killing off Alex.
Plot - ahhhhh 5. Hated the end, way too much american cheese with Liam Nieson suggesting a burrito with the main bloke. No continuity tying up what happened with the aliens. Hell there must have been some survivors. A surrender would have been nice. I suppose they are leaving it open in case they do a sequel.
Special effects - 8.0
Locations - 10.00 come on Hawaii and Hong Kong. Very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment