Saturday 19 May 2012

New PC

Well I finally did it and bought myself a new computer. I am going to be paying back money forever but its worth it. My other one was knackered and 10 years old. It was slow and horrible. I am now on windows 7 with a fairly decent rig ready for Guild Wars 2 when it comes out.

This morning I pre-purchased the game and am currently down loading the beta which is HUGE! Been going half and hour and we are only at 10%. Madness! But exciting. I got many many many awesome hours of game play out of Guild Wars 1 so am really looking forward to the sequel.

As usual Yoda from work has told me everything I need and I got to putting it all on Thursday night. My sweet new graphics card makes the Sims 3 look like a whole new world. Unfortunately though I am experiencing some freezing with the base game. No idea why. When I look on the forums it seems there can be some issues with Windows 7.  I'll have a play around with the graphics and put on a couple more games and see if its just the Sims being buggy. Fingers crossed I can find a fix as aside from GW2 the Sims 3 was the main reasons I wanted the new PC.

In other news, my kitchen is slowly happening. My mate Cheles mate Andy very very kindly came round and got all the crap round the windows I couldn't with the steamer and then did my ceiling for me. I still have to scrap a few odd bits of wet paper that stuck up but I'm not at the point where Steveo can come round and tell me whats next with a view to skimming everything and making it all pretty and then ready to paint.

I really hate DIY. I mean I started this at Xmas. We are nearly in June. I really am bad at DIY. But I have to keep telling myself it will look awesome when its finally done and add value to the flat. Which I need considering when I last had it appraised, the Halifax valued it 5k below what I bought it for. Not inpressed. I have spent 4 years overpaying and by my Martin Lewis spreadsheet calculations that meant I had got it 90% loan to view this month, only for them to do that and refuse to offer me another mortgage product.

Hehe we just got to 12%. I'm going to have to leave this running while me and my brother take gran for her weekly shop. Okay so now I am back up and running properly time to get blogging properly again. Until next time, peace out!


No comments:

Post a Comment