Thursday 24 January 2013

The hunger games

So we all know I am ALWAYS about a year behind everyone and as usual I was with these books. Last year I vowed to read more. For my birthday my lovely parents got me a kindle which I have been putting to good use on the bus rides to work and back.

I decided after Jac at work suggested I read them to give the hunger games a whirl. I am glad I did. So far I have read the first two books. I read the first over Xmas and to my mothers amusement could not put it down. I finished it in less than a day. If I am honest I don't think I have had a book I couldn't put down since my beloved potter series.

Anyway I got round to reading catching fire in the last couple of days and its just got better. The plot thickens with all the rebellion stuff. I have decided I am Team Peeta all the way. Discussion was made between myself and Jac on the whole Peeta /Gale issue and sorry I'm not feeling Gale at all. I know Liam Hemsworth is playing him in the films and yes he's dishy as hell but I dunno Peeta is winning out for me.

He's just been captured by the capital so I'm guessing something pretty horrible is about to follow. In fact I could see him being brainwashed or something. All through the two books I have read he's been head over heels for Katniss and shes been all "oh I have no idea how I feel " yadda yadda yadda. Does she love Gale? does she love Peeta? does she love no one?

I bet in book three the tables turn. She kissed him pretty passionately in the 2nd hunger games and said feelings were stirring. I bet in book three she realises actually I do love Peeta and then President Snow has brainwashed him into hating her or something. But they will end up together in the end. They have too!

No comments:

Post a Comment