Monday 11 March 2013

Hairy Bikers live show review!

So the 10th March was mothering Sunday this year in the UK and I masterfully bought Mum tickets to see the Hairy Bikers tour for Xmas and then spoilt her rotten in Manchester beforehand for the day.

Introducing my lovely mother!


Now if for some wacko reason you have never heard of the hairy bikers let me put that right. The hairy bikers are Two British chef's Simon "sexy Si" King and David " Dancing Dave" Myers. Full information can be found here:

http://www.hairybikers.com/


They have numerous cooking programmes which mum and I have watched in the past. I own two of their cook books. I recently attempted their diet chicken pie with filo pastry. It was lush! However I had no idea what to expect from a live show.

So heres a run down.

Location - Manchester Opera house. Gorgeous inside, slightly weird part of Manchester - I had never been before, we got lost about 3 times trying to find it but once we found it and the alchemist bar for a pre-show cocktail everything was hunky dorey. Except in talking with a couple of others at the bar - We missed them ..................... The Hairy Bikers were apparently doing pics and autographs a couple of hours earlier in front of the theatre. Gutted ! Wish we had been in the right place at the right time for that!

Soundtrack - For the love of god. There was just too much awesomeness. I give you exhibit A that was playing as we found our seats in the theatre.



Cooking - The boys made Pakora's and a diet curry in act one. In act two a salad and salmon with shredded potatoes and a homemade Hollandaise sauce. Sadly I was not lucky enough to get picked out the audience to sample the deliciousness that my nostrils got the pleasure to smell.

Laughs -  Plenty! Si's Nigella impressions were brilliant. Dave's dancing - awesome. The spin the wheel gameshow that resulted in partial nudity - Hilarious. Seriously this wasn't just a cooking show - it was like the "princess bride" of cooking shows. IT HAD EVERYTHING even a Houdini inspired Escapology act and rockstar ending.

In total - 10 out of 10

Boy's I salute you!

No comments:

Post a Comment