Sunday 24 January 2016

Debs here is a salad dodger - Sticky Sausages and cheesy sweet potato and kale mash

So I have been going to slimming world for most of my adult life. One day I am hoping I will stick to it and lose a few dress sizes. In the meantime until real thinspiration finally sets in, I keep on trying. And it gets boring so I have to keep on trying out new recipes.

Today was taken from twochubbycubs.com. A blog I just discovered through a fellow slimming world dieter. These really funny blokes have a ton of recipes - head over there and have a gander. I decided to try a few out this week. Tonight it was sticky sausages and cheesy kale and sweet potato mash. Here:  http://twochubbycubs.com/2016/01/06/sticky-sausages/

I would love to say it was amazing. Not the guys faults, me being the worlds worst cook probably aided to the somewhat failure of this dish. First up no matter how you dress them up low fat sausages are still low fat sausages. No doubt about it. And cooking mine, they split in half and fell apart in places.

I burnt the onions  - classic debs. I made a mountain of mash - guess what I am having for tea tomorrow! And probably the rest of the week too.

And to top it off no matter what I did could I get that kale to wilt, could I chuff. Saying that though it ended up looking somewhat like the picture the lads have on their website. I don't think for a second it ended up tasting as good as what they can cook.


Anyway ..... at the total stress of fighting pans to clean onions and picking around crunchy kale .... this happened.


In other news the bad luck just keeps on coming. I have now developed Pityriasis Rosea. Completely out of the blue. I have NEVER had any skin issues before but am now in a hell of itchy rash and a world of creams and moisturisers. Warning TMI and hideous pics ahead ......


........


........


.........


.........



..........




This lovely ailment has no magic cure. No actual understood reason for it happening, although my doctor seems to think the infection I have just got over left my immune system really low and its come from a dormant virus all humans have inside them as a result of it.

IT IS HIDEOUS. I have never been so itchy. I have NEVER had so many blotchy red spots on my body. I feel like hell, can't sleep half the night and apparently it can last anything up to 10 weeks. That's the usual - anything from 2 - 10 weeks. However some really unlucky people have had it nearly 5 months. If that happens to me I think I may have to top myself. One week of it has been sheer torture already.



No comments:

Post a Comment