Tuesday 25 January 2011

Fat girl slim 1

So those of you know whole me, well you know Im larger than I should be. Those who you who are strangers just dropping in, take my word for it - I'm bigger than I should be. Now Im not going to sit here typing excuses into this. The truth is I got this way because I eat too much and do too little. As such one of the things I am determined to tackle this year is my weight and my fitness. My new motto is eat less, move more.

I joined a gym. I have just got in from session 5. It should be session 6 but I was ill last week and probably would have passed out if I had tryed to go on a treadmill or something. Im still not 100% but I need to get my body into a routine. Anyway I am really knackered. It takes 12 weeks I believe to make something a habit I believe. So I have erm 9 more weeks to go and hopefully my body is going to be craving going.

I wish it would because at the moment its a battle to get myself to go. I get so self conscious in that place. First of all theres the "mirror universe" fitness instructor. I call him that as he is miserable, shoots me evil looks as if to say "your a joke love" (okay they are probably in my head . . . . .) and he has this thing on his chin. I mean I don't get facial hair at the best of times. A beard - I know where I am. Some mustashes I can cope with. Gootees and all the other weird type facial things and Im lost. His is just like a tuff in the middle of his chin. And it just looks evil. Like Spock in the mirror universe. Hence the naming. And hes a perve. I was on the bike nearest the "fitness instructors" station today and him and this other chap were rating the girls coming in.

Once you have managed to get your ass inside, then you have to deal with all the stick thin people around you and the fact that for some reason they place mirrors around. I mean who wants to go red and sweaty and have to look at yourself in a mirror.

Add on top that and the girls reading this will be able to empathise. Sports bra's. They are a challenge in themselves. I mean just getting in a sports bra and you have done half a workout. Don't get me wrong, I would't be without one. Hell I don't want my chest knocking me out and the size of it thats a distinct possibility.

So I thought I would keep trying to update the whole lose weight/health kick part of this year in a nice little series of fat girl slim . . . . see what I did there . . . . LOL Yeah Im a geek. Anyway 5 sessions in, treadmill still killing me but I have lost 3 lbs to date.

I have hung up a green dress that I want to get back into by my bed for inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment