Friday 28 January 2011

Gypsies 2 and Turning Japanese - Justin Lee Collins

So last night I viewed the second part of Big fat Gypsy Weddings. I really is an eye opener. Last night a non gypsy married a gypsy and the dress. OMG it was like nothing I have ever seen before. It weighed about 14 stone and had moving butterflies and lights in it powered by hidden battery packs.

Check it out. Amazing or what? I don't know how she managed to walk in it let alone dance. Now I know I'm a day behind the news - I always am late. But this has caused a little controversy in the news. The shocking thing is what hit the news was a 6 year old having a spray tan. Is this too young? In my head what should have hit the news was the councils agressive behaviour to the people protesting against them evicting people. The programme showed scenes of old ladies being forcably removed and diggers destroying the Gypsies homes. It was shocking.

Also on the box was Justin Lee Collins new series "Turning Japanese". First of all may I just congratulate Channel 5 on making a TV show encompassing two of my favourite things. I love Japan. Theres something about Japan thats so intriguing and I have an affinity to it. Once at a mind, body and spirit fair I was told that in a previous life I was oriental, so perhaps thats it if you inclined to believe in that sort of thing. I don't know. All I know is Japan is a place I have to visit one day. And JLC - the dude who brought back the A-Team, reunited starwars. Respect. But I will still say I'm waiting for you to reunite Buck Rogers!

Last night we were treated to JLC visiting Ice cream city. Now I know about Ice cream city from talking with my friend Ken who lives in Japan. This place has ice cream with the most unusual stuff in - wasabi, crab, octopus . . . . JLC was fearless, eating snake and a whole heap of bizarre things. Next he looked into a phenomena in Japan where men are wearing female underwear. I don't get this and was as confused as him when they told him it made them less stressful. We did however get to chuckle at JLC in a rather fetching pink and black bra.

Next they moved on to sex dolls and dating school. From what I can gather, from Mai his translater the population of Japan is dropping heavily and its all to do with the guys not being confident to approach women and theres some weird attitudes to sex. JLC visited a factory making the sex dolls and interviewed a man who had over 100 of these things and had to rent an appartment just to house them. Weird, weird , weird. I can't fathom why he would prefer a doll when you can get the real thing but hey ho its his life.

Finally JLC spent an evening working as a host. In Japan they have host bars in which women can come in and pay for a bloke to act like her boyfriend for an evening. She pays for all the drinks and they in turn shower her in compliments and conversation etc etc. Again not sure why they feel the need to do that. I guess thats one of the beauties about Japan, all the weird stuff they do that we don't understand.

Anyway I can't blog about turning japanese without the song . . . . . . .. .. . . . Instead of the vapors I picked Kirstin Dunst for a dash of that girl power! Enjoy!



By the way if theres anyone Japanese reading this that can shed any light on this stuff please comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment