Friday 17 May 2013

Sore muscles

So I did a lot of exercise last week. I walked for about 6 miles according to runkeeper and I  took my gran into town. Grans in a wheelchair so I pushed her around a lot. As a result I am quite sore this week.

The scales at fat club said 1lb loss. I was a little disappointed as I was hoping for 2 at least. Keep me on track for my sisters wedding. In group though I found out something interesting that's made me feel better about things.

Apparently when your muscles are sore they are repairing. Because Im not used to that amount of exercise, my body is currently panicking and in order to protect itself and repair it retains water.


Above is the science .....

So I may well have lost more its just not showing on the scales. The good news is it should calm down again and the water release. So I can keep exercising but not do as much and gradually build it up. I did go into walking overload last week and  I think  the 2 days of taking gran to hospital appointments pushed my body over the top. You don't realise how hard you are working pushing a wheelchair.

Anyway I have one meal out this week - meeting my geordies in York tomorrow. Haven't seen them in so long!!! Can't wait. Then Im hosting my annual eurovision party. Going to really have to try to be good. Im making SW mousaka. So I can fill up on that and avoid alcohol. Fingers crossed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment