Monday 18 July 2011

Apprentice finale

Well having managed to actually watch a whole series all the way through for a change, I recon the right person won. I know theres been a whole load of contraversy and people saying otherwise but at the end of the day Mr Hindside is an ideas man. And the Sir Sugar wants someone to come up with ideas of new stuff he can sell. Plus Tom had cracked Walmart. How many people can make that claim?

I'm not saying that Helen didn't do a good job, she did and had this years show been the same format as last year I think she would have got the job. But in terms of business proposals her's really was weak. And then her desperate attempt to sway the "dark lord" at the last moment saying she had another one around food, what the interviewers had suggested was terrible.

Susie I thought had potential but she was a little young and naive. She will be back though I think. We will see her again. Jim - wth? Mental business plan. Nice charming guy but definitely should be in sales. Now all we need is for Lord Sugar to hire Helen to work with Tom as the two of them together was a very good combination. She has the organisation skills and Tom the ideas. Together they would be unbeatable.

So Im just back from a walk. Im being a case study for a manager at work on healthy eating. Apparently if you want to lose weight diets is not the way. They are unsubstainable. I can vouch for that, how many times have I gone up and down several sizes? So I had my first meeting today, weighed myself, sobbed lol and we worked out some goals for this week:

1-drink more water - check doing okay today. Had a litre and a half. Am just sipping through another 50cl whole updating this blog.
2-Eat more fibre - check just been to Lidl on my walk and got wholewheat pasta, new potatoes and tortilla's. Because apparently also I am supposed to eat more carbs. When I diet I tend to go high on protien but Im doing it wrong.
3-Eat more fruit and veg - this is going to require some conscious effort on my part. However I now have plums, pears, kiwi fruit and tomato's. Going to take some to work and hopefully do better. I have had 3 servings of veg today and 2 plums, so good start.
4-Go for a walk every day. Even if its just a small one I need to get out for 10 mins min. Check just spent an hour walking to Lidl and lugging fruit and veg around. Which unsurpisingly is heavy lol!

The piano is slowly coming on. I am struggling with coordination on two pieces - Blow the man down and cafe vienna. I can play them slowly with a lot of concentration, now I need to practice practice practice until it clicks. My lavendars blues is so much better now and I like playing that piece. I will have to post another video up!

No comments:

Post a Comment