Sunday 17 July 2011

Harry Potter craziness . . . . some minor spoilers

I am probably one of the biggest Potterheads around. I have read the books hundreds of times and its been a huge part of my life for the last 10 years. I have dragged friends to buy books at midnight, read more fanfiction than I should admit too, liked Hank Greens songs far too much, have every DVD to date and watched them far too many times. You need to know that background as I now have to make a confession and an apology.

As the world knows, Deathly Hallows part 2 came out this week. And I stupidly thought I could hold out to the 20th in which me and my mates have agreed to go. I have to admit to the world now . . . .  I AM AN IDIOT!!!!! Im sorry guys, I got more twitchy as the week went on. Radio two had interviews, Potter was everywhere. Each time I went on google - pictures, clips, people talking about how great the ending was . . . . . . I apologise to Bex who suffered a women potter possessed on friday.

I ended up going by myself on opening day. Right after work, I had too. I was compelled. I had waited so long. I needed to see Voldy banquished. I had to see Ron and Hermione finally kiss. The dragon break out of gringots, Mrs Weasley say her immortal line , "not my daughter you bitch." It was just too much.

So thats my confession - Binny - I think you probably expected it having witnessed my obsessive personality for 20 plus years. Lou, this is your first glimspe of that side of me. It only airs for certain things - namely Potter and Stargate. I'm still coming Weds (Of course I have to view it another billion times!!!!) and I'm telling you nothing about the film. Ames - Well she knew Friday but knows me so well probably antiscipated it. Ian if your reading this blog, the above mentioned stuff was in the books and came out a few years ago so you can't yell at me for spoilers!!!! and I did put minor spoilers in the blog title!

Perhaps I am really really sad or perhaps I have a deep passion for something thats been a huge part of my life. I'm sure I can't be the only freak who had to watch it as soon as it came out . . . . . who knows! All I do know is the film is awesome and like the true Potter addict that I am I felt better afterwards.

1 comment:

  1. Knew I wasn't the only freak lol. My IT bloke who fixes all my spreadsheets took the day off friday soley for Potter!!! Wish I'd thought of that . . .

    ReplyDelete