Saturday 30 June 2012

Harcourt and Haigh 1 & DA Origins

So after a long long long long long wait and weeks of being teased. Exhibits A, B & C







My friend Vern got ep 1 of the webseries he and his friend Chris have been working on up on the web. Here it is:



If I am honest, I am not sure what to make of it yet. I have watched it three times and so far come to the conclusion there is a nod to the blues brothers and back to the future in there. But then you can't really come to the conclusion of something in 1 ep and 10 minutes can you. Clearly further viewing is required. And as with "the Room" its probably multi-dimensional and requires thinking about. Vern's clever that way.

A couple of points definitely made me giggle - most notably the unnamed for licensing purposes Sci-fi prop and well the books. I think they were as far away possibly as you could imagine. Verns character was holding Cannibalism by T. Harris at the beginning and mid way Chris had Liber Null -  Psychonant. Crazy evil cannibal criminal and chaos magik? Is this a hint of whats to come from the characters respectively??? Or am I just such a geek that I have come away watching it and picked up on something that's nothing at all?

Although the skateboard transport thing also annoyed me but probably more on account of all I could see was Francis Bouille from MIC. And if you follow this blog you know my feelings on the Skateboard incident lol

Regardless to me getting the full humour of it or not I enjoyed it and lets face it I'm not very good with a lot of comedy - I didn't find little Britain amusing and a ton of comedians that my sister and friends all seem to love . . . . . I imagine a lot of it has gone over my head. Sorry Vern!!!!!

But the point is the boys have taken something brilliant they have dreamed up and made it. Good for you!

A lot of thought and work has clearly gone into the making of H&H and I urge you all to keep tuning in. I know I will.

In other news . . . I have been working on a Dragon Age Origins fan fiction. The girls at work have been very encouraging, Jac even offering to Beta it for me. If Vern can take that huge leap and put his work out there I decided so can I. So I have put up the first 2 chapters of my story on fan fiction.net.

I am feeling quite nervous about it. I have written some stuff on and off for years and most of it is saved on my PC having been rehashed a billion times over and never seen the light of day to anyone else. So I am quite nervous. I imagine Vern is feeling the same about H&H.

I am not going to link it but if anyone does want a read (I know DA:O fan fiction is probably an acquired taste!!!!) However you can find it pretty easy enough on there. Theres a clue as to my fan fiction name in the blog tagline lol. Failing that drop me a PM and I will link you up!

No comments:

Post a Comment