Tuesday 8 February 2011

Fat girl slim 2

I actually got told I looked thinner today. Brilliant!!!!

Gyms getting better. I won't say easier yet, the treadmill session still kills me but I think I'm getting more confident. Hell I even managed to NOT hold onto the treadmill all the time when I was there last. And I didn't fall off. Anyone who knows me, knows I am accident prone as hell so thats a pretty major achievement on my part . . . . .

Today I signed up for the race for life in July with my mate. So I have offically 5 months or so to get fit and drop some weight.

If anyones feeling flush and fancies sponsoring this lass to get her fat arse round 5 K for charity - I will be running for my great uncle and friend Danny. Heres my fundraising page:

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/debrarees2510
Been eating a lot of fish, veg and rice and trying to up my fruit and water.

I definitely need to work on the confidence thing though. And Im not just talking about having the courage to go to the gym. Today I was too scared to go wish someone the best incase I made an idiot of myself and embrassed them. Thats not healthy is it.

So I am now reading "feel the fear and do it anyway. How to turn your fear and indecision into confidence and action." By Susan Jeffers, 1987. Apparently it promises to learn you how to:

  • how it can be impossible to make a mistake or a wrong decision - fascinating concept
  • how to let go of negative programming
  • how its impossible to be conned - hummmmmmmmmmmmm not sure on that one
  • how to say "yes" to all circumstances in your life
  • how to raise your level of self esteem
  • how to be more assertive
  • how to connect to the powerhouse within - okay so we need to turn the swirling mass of debs crazy into a powerhouse but I like the sound of it. Presuming thats possible . . 
  • how to create more love, trust and satisfaction
  • how to deal with resistance from significant others as you take more control in your life - could be interesting . . . . 
  • how to experience more enjoyment
  • how to make your dreams become a reality
  • how to see yourself as having purpose and meaning
Sounds all good to me, so I will crack on with chapter one - What are you afraid of and . . . . . . . . . . why? tonight.

That aside - how good was Glee last night. Again two of my favourite things, Mr Schue half naked - hubba hubba hubba.

And rocky horror. Kurts riff raff was just brilliant. Mercedes rendition of sweet transvestite was amazing and Emma what the hell are you doing. Dump the dentist girl!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment