Tuesday 22 February 2011

Race for life training - Fat girl slims starting to jog

Evil Mirror universe bearded tuff dude at the gym has hence forth been downgraded from Evil to just mirror universe bearded tuff guy. Purely because today he was rather unevil like and quite helpful. I had booked in for my review with Jo but for some reason he decided to do it instead. Perhaps since he has witnessed me sweating it out and being a huge red tomato since xmas he has a measure of respect for me now. Who knows!!! Anyway I explained I had signed up for the Race for life and looking to get my fat arse jogging and then running properly. I also told him about the NHS couch to 5 k thing and he said he could sort out a programme simular.

I actually downloaded the 1st podcast but as I am crap and have no mp3 player and no headphones with me for my mobile that wasn't an option. So I took him up on it and he programmed in me walking for 1 min and then jogging for 1 min for up to 32 mins I think. Today I managed 20. So I jogged for 10 minutes of that. And I felt bloody good. No way could I have done that at xmas. I am definitely getting fitter. Anyway I am going to work that up to the full 32 minutes and then I am going to get him to change everything to me jog 2 mins, walk 1 min and so forth and gradually build up my time jogging like the couch to 5 k works.

The only downside was I weighed myself fully expecting to have dropped weight as clothes are really starting to get really loose - I can't be far off dropping a dress size now. And the scales said I had only lost a pound. Mirror universe bearded tuff guy recons that I am building muscle. Who knows. But I'll keep eating right and hopefully I'll see the scales drop abit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment