Wednesday 10 August 2011

Piano

I am really really getting into this. I mean its difficult as hell remembering everything and getting my hands to coordinate but wow when they do you belt out something that doesn't sound half bad. Like at the moment Im working on this blues piece. I didn't really like the idea of blues intially but once my brain started to click somewhat its pretty nifty. Infact my brother and the clan are gracing me with their presence tommorow so I may debut it.

I can now play on top of old smokey and joy to the world. I moved on and had a look at the cancan piece but at the moment I am still struggling with the bass line notes. I think I need to purchase one of those charts and try memorise them. Infact do they have charts with chords on as well . . . . perhaps I should investigate.

I have been checking out some bods on youtube who can play amazingly. I thought I would share a few favourites with you. Theres this chap called PianoNoobAlexMan whos fantastic for watching vids to see if Im getting the Alfred stuff anywhere near right. He also plays beautifully.



Martin Spitznagel - What a name. I love him just for his name. But his starwars cantina. Respect!



And of course the main reason I wanted to learn - the final fantasy music. This chaps pretty good!



In fact I REALLY REALLY REALLY wish I could afford Piano lessons. Theres a chap does them just down the road from me but I can't afford £20 a week. Sobs. One day!

No comments:

Post a Comment