Saturday 29 September 2012

Bad moon on the rise?

Okay so this is bizarre. I rarely remember my dreams but this morning in my dream that I remembered this song was playing.



Is this just a dream or a warning? Lets see how today pans out ....

In other news ..... I finally finished my second Phillippa Gregory book - the lady of the rivers. This was the story of the White Queen (Elizabeth's) mother Jacquetta. Her family is descended from the water goddess Melusina and she has some gifts but lives in a time that to keep safe she really doesn't not develop them even though her first husband a duke marries her precisely to do that.

When he dies Jacquetta takes her destiny in her own hands having fallen for her husbands squire Richard Woodville. They marry in secret and this time its for love. The rest of the book follows Jacquetta being the lady in waiting to Queen Margaret of Annou and the Sleeping king.

The rise in the court and become the Rivers family - her husband is made a Baron. The story follows them fighting for the king and queen against the house of York bringing us up to their defeat and the start of Elizabeth's story where she marries Edward in secret.

Again I really enjoyed this, so that means the red queen is next and when I finally sort myself a Kindle out the Kingmakers daughter.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing bad happened yesterday. Just must have been my subconscious playing tricks on me!

    ReplyDelete