Tuesday 22 March 2011

C25K Week 3 run 1

Im pretty miserable right now. Not cause of the run at the gym earlier. But because my goldfish are seriously in a critical condition. I was waiting until the weekend to properly clean out their tank but tonight they were gasping for air and breathing irratically. So I decided to do a partial waterchange. As soon as I did that suddenly they were upside down and on the bottom of the tank, barely breathing. So I have fished them out into a bowl with good intentions of cleaning the tank tommorow night. And they are just laid on the bottom, not swimming, barely breathing. Ive administered some swim bladder stuff. Now really all I can do is wait and pray.

The run. Well it went pretty much:
  • Walk 5 mins. Im a pro at this now
  • Jog 90 seconds. Not too bad - used to it from last week.
  • Walk 90 secs - easy got breath back
  • Jog 3 mins. Well the first time round it didn't seem that bad. "Laura" advised we were half way through the 3 mins. I chugged on.
  • Walk 3 mins - doodle
  • Run 90 secs -managed it was flagging
  • Walk 90 secs - yep did that
  • Run 3 mins - OMG. "Laura" informs me I have 1 min left. That was the longest min of my life. I also think I went too slow today. At 6.5 it seemed slow. So Im cranking it up to 6.7/6.8 Thurs on run 2. 
  • Walk 3 mins. Took a while to get my breath back.
I don't really remember walking home. It seems rather like a dream. I think I needed some energy. I ate a banana but it didn't really hit me properly. Had some tea when I got home. Really do feel quite knackered. I cleaned up the kitchen, made my eggs and spinach for tommorow and cooked some chicken as it went out of date at the end of today so that lunch tommorow too. Not sure what with yet though. Then the fish saga hit me.

Ive just had another look at my babies and there are at least breathing a bit more and theres some fin movement. But still upside down and not swimming. Im going to go to bed and hopefully they might be in better shape tommorow.

No comments:

Post a Comment