Friday 25 March 2011

Couch to 5 k wk 3 run 3 and sham marriages

So I got myself to the gym last night and managed it. When Im doing the run it seems hard but afterwards suddenly its Ive done it. Last night even the 90 seconds seemed to take long. I ran at 6.7 which felt better. I think my speed is 6.7/6.8. I wore a different pair of jogging pants, thinner ones I hadn't been able to get into for ages and I will go back to my others and as I was a right sweaty betty. Naturally one treadmill on a stick insect girl proceeded to run for about 15 mins really fast making me feel somewhat inferior again. The walk home was okay and at least I remember it this time. Got in and treated Kav downstairs to an inpromptu singing session of starships we built this city, baba O'riley and turning Japanese. Lord only knows what he thought. Anyway I have to try get my ass up sunday morning again and attempt the 3 mins in the park.

Last night Panorama showed an interesting documentary on Sham marriages. They went undercover and showed some criminal gangs selling women to agree to the marriages and a really really really dishonest lawyer in London who caught on undercover camera was very clearly happy to participate in breaking the law but then did the slippery lawyer thing at the end claiming otherwise. Shamful. I really hope they don't get away with it. They followed one couple pretending to be a TV show happy weddings or something, an Ali and Maria. The women maria turned out to have ripped off the name from poor spanish girl who had no idea and disappeared completely. The groom Ali worked at 2 restuarants and even went out after being married on a date with one of the undercover team. Naturally he disappeared at the end too. Absolutely shocking how dishonest people will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment