Saturday 19 March 2011

Supermoon tonight


So its a once in every 20 years event this evening. The moon is the closest to Earth that it gets I think and that plus a combination of other factors that Im not even going to pretend I understand or did understand when they were discussing it on radio 2 yesterday means it will look a lot bigger. I remember this happening before. Dad was taking us to visit my gran when she lived in wakefield and you could see it looking huge and beautiful on the way over. Im praying for clear skys tonight so I can see it again.

Now Ive just had a thought. The moon has an effect on the tides and water etc. Some nurses claim it has an affect on people when its full. Theres mental institutions that report patients going strange during a full moon. The tsnami - thats just hit poor Japan. Its coincided with a supermoon. I think I need to do some research here - did anything major happen 20 years back at the last one? Is there pattern?

I managed run 2. There was a slight dumbass moment when I acidently pressed stop on the treadmill instead of pause. My right calf was giving me gyp and I wanted to do a quick stretch. That meant I had to reset my programme. I felt like I cheated a little bit as it meant I got a little extra recovery time. So to make that up I tryed to run a little longer that "Laura" told me to on the podcast. Shes been very helpful this week randomly giving me breathing tips during the routine. The good thing was it wasn't as bad this time round as tuesday. I ran slower, paced myself better and was very consciencous of my arms and tryed to keep them more relaxed. I didn't start getting a stitch this time and didn't seem as tired out. In fact the last running interval I actually felt I could have kept going. So I am more confident for doing the 3 mins next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment