Friday 8 April 2011

C25K Week 4 run 1 just kicked my fat arse

I didn't manage the whole thing. Im annoyed at myself but also happy to some extent as I did manage some of it.
Todays session went like so:
  • 5 min warm up. Im an old pro now
  • 3 mins jogging - did it on 6.7, was okay.
  • 90 secs walking - managed to recover my breath
  • 5 mins -I was dreading it, I really was but I did the counting thing again and somehow got through it. I think I put the speed down slightly to 6.5 about half way through. Everything was really starting to ache.
  • 2.5 mins walking - bloody hell that went fast. I hadn't caught all my breath even on walking 4.5 instead of 5.0
  • 3 mins jogging - managed it. Was starting to flag
  • 90 secs walking - this seemed about 30 seconds in my head it went that fast
  • 5 mins jogging - this is where I failed to complete - I really ached - I didn't seem to manage to get into a stride like I did my last session and as soon as Laura came on and said, well done your half way there it was like my legs just went "no more," so I went back to a walk but tryed to be good and walked on 5.5 until the cooldown kicked off. Then I was feeling guilty so I upped the incline and speed a little more in my cooldown trying to make up for my failure in some way.
I managed 10 mins on the exercise bike as a proper cool down but I was feeling rather knackered so did it on level 3 rather than 4 like I have been doing. Then I weighed myself and I had stayed exactly the same which was really irritating.

It was boiling hot outside and I looked like a fat ugly red tomato as usual but I walked home abeit slowly. My legs really didn't want to work. They ache so much right now and I predict will ache completely to buggery tommorow . . .. . .

However okay I didn jog for 16 mins total, I did manage 13.5 which is a 4.5 min inprovement on last week. I can't knock that. In 3 months I have come from 30 seconds killing me to managing to jog a total of 13.5 mins. Hopefully I will push through for the full 16 next session, if not then I keep repeating this level until my body adjusts and Im comfortable with it. Im not giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment