Sunday 10 April 2011

couch to 5k week 4 session 2

Much better but then it was outside again. Im going my own pace, slower than the treadmill and its cooler than the gym. Plus I don't need to count like I do on a treadmill to take my attention away from thinking "when is this going to end?" as it always ends a lot quicker than I think it will. I also feel less self conscious as the only people who see me are a couple of dog walkers. The session went like this:
  • Warm up for 5 mins. As usual I had to stop the MP3 as it took longer than 5 mins to get to the park
  • Jog 3 mins - took a while to get my breathing flowing right but was over pretty quickly
  • walk 90 secs - flew by
  • jog 5 mins - did it no probs. I know Im a slow jogger but at the moment its endurance not speed. Once I get some lard off me I know I can work on the speed.
  • walk 2.5 mins - really flew only just got my breath back
  • jog 3 mins - aching a tad but powered through
  • walk 2.5 mins -seemed to go even faster than the last 2.5 mins
  • jog 5 mins - I just got on with it. Okay it was a slow jog pace but I just focused on keeping going round the park. "Laura" popped up at 2.5 mins and said I was half way through, everything was aching but I kept telling myself not to give up like I had on friday on the treadmill. When she came up and said 1 min left I smiled a little and just kept going. And for the first time I jogged longer than I walked.
Came back home, feeling pretty good. My right knee feels a little jolted but I think a couple of days rest and it will straighten out. Made some porrige - very yummy, half water half SS milk. Ate the lot, Kurt would be proud. And had the nicest shower in the world.

Thought I would share this:

 How messy did my trainers get today? Took about 10 mins to clean off all the grass. Good job I do now have 2 pairs.



Im still enjoying outside jogging a lot more. Have some time off coming up between all the bank hols so I think Im going to try getting up at 5am and doing my session and then 5.30am and doing it. Then I can see if 1- I can cope with the early run starts and what its like at that time light wise and 2 - if I have enough time to get it in before getting ready for work and mum picking me up. Once I lose some weight I know I will get more confident and be able to switch to on an evening outside but at the mo its a I don't want to be seen thing.


I need to get some more work out clothes, so thats a google for me this morning. Honestly getting plus size clothing is not easy. If anyone knows anywhere tell me!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment