Sunday 3 April 2011

Couch to 5k week 3 run 2 (repeated)

Well my euthorpia of losing a stone is gone as I was pretty bad yesterday. I thought I was on grandaughter duty so had walked up to Grans but before that, I slept in and realised I had nothing for breakfast as I had taken my porrige to work. Went to Patels no bread. As I was running out of time to get to Grans I had to grab a bacon sarnie from shaws. Not good. My sister turns up at Grans and we have all got our wires crossed. I was initally going to go with my sis but then she informs me it was steve-o (her boyfriends) 30th on thursday, so I decided to let her take gran alone and went into town to get him something.

I was supposed to be meeting my brothers girlfriend for a late lunch anyway so sorted out steve-o (spent ages trying to suss out what blue ray he might like - almost bought Machete but decided against it. I would probably have got it wrong) so I got him a HMV voucher instead and he can pick his own. Went and got myself a new pair of trainers. Half price at £25.00 from sports direct. Good soles for reducing joint inpact. So now I have one for outside running - the new ones and my addidas ones for the gym. Looked at some running kit. I want some 3/4 length trousers. However tryed them on. I could get into the 18's but they were tight, so didn't get ought. But thats good. Im in them even if they look terrible at the mo.

Had about an hour to wait for Claire and was starving so went to Nero and ended up getting a chocolate iced milk drink (I reasoned Im a jogger they drink choc milk!) and yeah I know Im bad - a piece of chocolate crunch. Admitably its not the worst snack in that place. Two men infront of me had massive hot chocolates with cream and marshmallows and 3, 3!!!!! I kid you not chocolate pastry twists EACH. Anyway I enjoyed it and killed about 40 mins there, went and met Claire and one the way down to kingsgate they were giving free pizza out and it smelt AMAZING. So that was it, we went to pizza hut. Diet deaded. We shared a large thin crust chicken bbq one.

Anyway this morning I was determined to put things right or at least on a more even keel again. Set my clock for 6.30am. Got up, ate a slice of wholemeal bread and a couple of spoonfuls of cottage cheese and pineapple. Yum!!!!!!!!!!!!! Slapped my clothes on and new trainers, really stretched well. Followed the suggested ones in my running book and set off to the park. It went like this:

  • 5 min warm up walk. Again had to stop the mp3 as it took longer than 5 mins to reach the park
  • 90 sec jog - not too bad. Again up hill but new trainers were nice.
  • 90 sex walk - this seemed to be over in a flash 
  • 3 min jog - I went on last time. No matter how slow the jog just jog. It went fine. Got into a pace, got my breathing under control
  • 3 min walk - again went really quick. Got my breathing back
  • 90 sec jog - again fine. Seemed to be over really quickly. Did what I did last week and mentally made a route round the park
  • 90 sec walk - flew by, got my breath back
  • 3 mins jog - not too bad, paced myself again. When "Laura" announced the last minute again tryed to dig alittle deeper and give it some more welly
  • 3 mins cool down walk - got breath back. Gave another victory punch. Was feeling pretty darn good. My brain informed me "We will make a jogger of you yet Debs". Decided to jog out of the park. Lady with a dog appeared. Dog ran after me, she appologised and looked at me like I was mental. I flashed a smile. Crossed road to go home and to my surpise:
  • found myself actually jogging abit more on the way home. I wanted to do more people - how bloody brilliant is that!!!!!! and I could. I just thought okay - to that lampost. I enjoyed it and wanted to jog more.
Clearly outside running suits me far more than the treadmill. I struggle more on the treadmill. Again it was cooler outside and just having fresh air in your face rather than stale recycled gym air is the way to go. And I must be a morning runner person. I mean I have enjoyed my sunday morning ones much more than any of the gym session ones. However I don't think Im at a point where I'll happily get out of bed at 5.30am on a tues and friday before work yet. So tuesday will be week 3 run 3 on the treadmill again and then friday Im going to have to man up and try the 5 mins again. This time with "Laura" and the podcast.

Anyway forgot to mention - I got one of the nursey bods at work to take my blood pressure. 138/81 - awesome. The exercise and eating fairly well is paying off.

Also this is currently my fav tune to exercise on the bike to at the gym.


Im still trying to put together a really rocking playlist - bex at work has lent me a ton of CD's so I can put some on next week when I get them home from the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment