Friday 22 April 2011

Couch to 5K Week 5 Day 1

Wow apparently I had 36 visitors yesterday. I guess a lot of sims fans found me hehe. Great stuff. I just wish I knew how to get people to comment and follow me. If your reading this click the link! give me your thoughts, have a go at the poll - yes I figured out how to put one on!

So another fantastic run this morning. I got up at the crack of dawn again - Im definitely a morning runner. I never thought I would say that but I am. Wore my brand new pink Nike drywik top. And wow. Okay its a bit clingy around my belly tyre but I also had a hoodie top over it so no one will know and the plan is to wear that for the race for life. Its pink!!!!! And I love it. Yes it does keep you cool and dry. Excellent piece of kit for a bargainess £12.99 in TK Max yesterday.

Today I tryed a new place to jog and I liked it a lot more than the park I had been going too. There are some playing fields not to far to me, so I went round there instead. A little more uphill stuff than ravensknowle but a bigger area.

The session went as follows:
  • Warm up walk 5 mins - Pro at it and found a snicket from the road off of mine that took me straight down to the playing fields. Unbelievable Ive been here over 3 years and never knew it was there.
  • Jogged 5 mins. Was a struggle to get my breathing right the first interval but made it through.
  • Walked 3 mins. This went incredibly fast but I got my breath back.
  • Jogged 5 mins - Breathing was much better and I think this was my best run to date. I seemed to get into a nice stride.
  • Walked 3 mins, noticed a ton of mist had appeared lol. It was pretty cool. No on except 1 dog walker at the opposite end of the huge playing field around.
  • Jogged 5 mins - was starting to lose my earlier speed and moment but I pushed through. Again got my breathing okay. The last stretch was uphill as well. I was aching all over but I did it. 
  • The usual victory punch once "Laura" announced we were done!
So yes feeling pretty dam good right now and ready to have a crack at the 2 8 mins ones on Day 2 on sunday morning.

Also the most amazing thing yesterday  - I spent the day with my sister and we went over to Wakey shopping and called in on our cousins on the way back and had scones and cream. My sis yesterday actually told me I was the strong one in the family and she was impressed and that the family are actually all behind me with the running lark now. Even more motivation to get the 20 min solid jog in the bag. I want to be able to tell them I did it!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment