Thursday 21 April 2011

Sims Medieval review

I know I mainly write about C25K or the occasion this has happened in my life post but I decided this morning to do a review of the game I have recently bought and been playing sparodically. I have loved every sims game going. I had generation 1, generation 2 and currently own generation 3 plus the world adventures add on. The only thing stopping me further is my rig is so chuffing old and slow that I fear putting it through much more. I am going to have to figure out a way to be able to afford a new PC. That aside . . . . onto Sims Medieval.

As soon as I saw the trailer I knew I had to have this. Yes it forfills both my sims addiction and love of medieval. Have I mentioned robin hood prince of thieves is my fav film? How much I love the TV series Merlin . . .  . .  Anyway heres the trailer.


The character classes the ones I have played so far seem fair enough. Im mainly playing with the King, Knight, Blacksmith and Spy. I have done a few quests and am currently trying to expand my kingdom. Im on the 2nd game it opens up.

The graphics are stunning. I love the buildings, I love the clothes, I love the little details i.e. cooking pots, scribe tables etc. But what sucks is your limited to how much space you can place things, you can't place your own buildings where you want too, the camera's don't let you spin round,  you can't see things for as many angles as other games and theres no cinemations, just pictures pop up with some text. I much prefer the cheesy vids you used to get in the other games lol. Also the children don't grow up and you can't control them or your spouse like in the other games.

Some of the quests are also a little bizzare and the needs as well. Like the Knight keeps getting Feed the beast. In the judgement pit theres a purple long armed monster and I have to keep sending him to throw some food in his pit. But to say I have picked expanding the kingdom as my current goal none of the quests that have openned up seem to be leading me towards that goal yet. I guess I will have to keep playing and see if that changes. Or maybe Im not playing the right hero's yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment